Hey Guys! You may of guess by the title it’s a food blog post today. I hope you are not too hungry. I’m going to be sharing two different healthy chicken ideas for you all to try.
I don’t know about you but when the weather gets warmer I start to feel less motivated to cook big meals with hours of prep around the stove. So that’s where these super easy chicken come in handy, and they are healthy at the same time. So winner winner!
A super quick way to make yummy chicken burgers, as a weekend lunch meal or a evening meal for all the family. What you will need:
- Moy Park Chicken Burgers
- Brioche Burger Buns
- Handful of salad leaves
- Halloumi (optional)
- Potatoes (for homemade chips – optional)
Firstly, there is no right or wrong way to whip up a scrummy burger so this is my personal way you can experiment which ever way you wish!
- Peel and chop potatoes into chunky strips (I used 3 potatoes for my meal) wedge style is perfect. I popped them onto a baking tray and sprayed a little fry light onto them. You can season them how you wish, I sprinkled a little salt and pepper.
- Place the baking tray into the oven on 190c – turn over a few times to ensure they don’t stick and that they are fully cooked (probably need approx 20 mins in the oven).
- Grab a deep frying pan, spritz with fry light and once the oil is hot place your chicken burgers onto the heat. Turning them frequently to avoid them burning and sticking to the pan. After approx 5-8 minutes I took mine off the heat.
- Slice up a few pieces of halloumi – and place onto the burgers. Move the burger onto a grill and finish them off in the oven. This enables the halloumi to grill and melt.
- Whilst the chips and burgers are finishing off, I prepped the buns with a handful of washed salad leaves and tomato slices.
- Once they’ve been in the oven for 5 minutes they are ready to be served. Pop the burgers into the prepared buns, add any sauces and ENJOY.
I found this recipe super easy, and quick to make less than 30 minutes for a yummy meal. If you decide to give it a go let me know how it goes! I know for sure I’ll be making them again soon. So that’s the first healthy chicken idea which I wanted to share.
Chicken Pesto Pasta
Looking for a quick meal for the family? Well this super quick chicken pesto pasta would be perfect. I am a massive pesto lover so I adore this recipe.
What you will need:
- Moy Park Chicken Burgers
- Penne Pasta
- Sacla No1 classic basil pesto
- Chop up the Moy Park chicken burgers – in a saucepan add oil and bring to the heat.
- Grab 100-200g of Penne Pasta (dependent on how many you are cooking for) cook the pasta in a saucepan of water, bring to the boil. Pasta should take approx 8-10 mins.
- Toss the chopped up chicken burgers for 10 minutes, ensuring that it is piping hot and browns in colour.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain the water and add 2 tablespoons of Pesto.
- Mix the pesto into the pasta and add your chicken!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and I look forward to hearing what you think about it 🙂
Here’s just a couple of healthy chicken ideas for lunch or dinner. Or maybe why not check out these healthy eating tips.