How To | Enjoy Your Free-time

Welcome back to the How To Series… today’s post is all about How To Enjoy Your Free-time. Free-time “the time you have in which you are not at work, haven’t planned an appointments or booked a gym class”. I’d describe my “Free-time” as in the evening after I’ve had dinner and completed any chores which need to be done.

We can often get caught up spending hours on our phones, scrolling through social media and not actually undertaking things which are ‘productive’. I am a victim of this… but it’s something I am working to improve! Especially when we finally get the keys to our new home.

Its important to take some time out from the hustle and bustle of work… it may be easier said than done it you are self employed! But I thought I’d share a few ways in which you can  enjoy your free-time!

How to enjoy your Free-time

• Pick up a book

Reading is a great way to stimulate the brain and by taking your mind off of worries and troubles. Reading allows your to engage in the book/story and characters whilst developing skills along the way. Whether you decide to pick up a book to wind down of an evening or to read whilst your dinner is cooking, it all helps. I know I personally love engaging books, therefore I’ve tasked myself to start reading the Harry Potter series again!!

Start a new hobby/ies

I am sure most of you reading this post are bloggers, therefore blogging is our hobby! But what’s stopping you putting your phone down for an hour and partaking in a new hobby? I’ve signed up to start netball… sports and PE is something I really miss about school. (Crazy I know!!) but I used to love playing football, netball, rounders and hockey. So I’ve decided I’d love to get back into it! I am on a waiting list for a local club, fingers crossed I receive an email soon.

What hobby would you love to start?

Networking

If you’re a blogger who is part of a local blogging group, I am sure you would be aware of blogging events! I love to attend blogging events, meeting new bloggers and networking with companies. Networking is a great way to build your blog and also to build relationships for future collaborations. So why not attend a local event to enable you to enjoy your free-time?

Planning

I’ve purposely left this point vague. You could be planning a upcoming holiday, your wedding or even planning a night out with the girls (or guys!). Planning is a great way to enjoy your free-time. It gives you something to look forward, gets you excited planning a event. But also takes your mind off worries and problems you maybe facing!

I love having events planned, whether it be a lunch with the girls, a weekend away or planning a nice sunny holiday abroad.

We all enjoy different things, some of you may find baking is something you enjoy undertaking in your free-time or maybe your adventurous and love to get out on your bike. May be make a list places you fancy going to, or events you’d love to attend over the summer.

I hope you enjoyed reading my How To Enjoy Your Free-time Post! Did you read my last How To Series Post?

1. April 28, 2019 / 10:18 pm

I definitely struggle making free time and when I do I’m always stuck for what to do because I haven’t planned it out. I need to work on setting aside proper scheduled time and planning things around that x

2. April 29, 2019 / 9:56 am

I love planning too! My life always feel so much more exciting and organised when I have a few plans in place. Plus it is a great reason to get out the pretty notebooks and colourful pens 😀 Ahh yes, reading is so relaxing, I really should get back into it again. Thanks for sharing your ideas Emma and fingers crossed that you can start Netball soon! <3 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

3. May 3, 2019 / 3:01 pm

I like to read fitness magazines in my spare time (usually the mens versions) XD Which isn’t too far from what I’m doing with what isn’t spare time, but it’s what I enjoy. I hope you get to join the netball team soon! I loved netball at school 🙂

4. May 5, 2019 / 10:41 am

Great tips!
    As you say with people spending a lot of time on social media it can be hard for this generation to know what else they can do in their spare time.
    My go to is always picking up a book! I’m such a bookworm 😊

Love Lozza xo

5. May 5, 2019 / 11:08 am

100% agree with all of this Emma. This post makes me feel great about how wisely I spend my time because I do most of these haha! Although soon I’m taking up Rabble games, which is a social fitness class and I’m looking to beef up my social life more.

Also may I add spending time with family, whether its going out for dinner or a night in watching TV together. I feel like because of social media and people being more glued to their phones we often take our families more for granted, which is a shame.

Johnny | Johnny’s Traventures

6. May 5, 2019 / 6:16 pm

I love reading during my downtime and always have a book I’m in the middle of! I also have a few hobbies I enjoy. Some of the tips you mentioned are definitely worth considering !

7. May 5, 2019 / 11:07 pm

Excellent suggestions. My go to is reading when I have some time to spare. Granted, I always make sure to set aside time in my day to read, but if I have a few minutes where I have nothing else to do, I will more often than not gravitate towards my books. A hobby is another excellent way to fill up your time. I recently took up crochet and really enjoy it.