How to prevent the winter blues

Hello Guys!
With Christmas and the New Year well and truly out the way I am sure you many have found yourself in a bit of a slump! Not sure what to do with your weekends or how to motivated yourself?

I know I’ve struggled a little bit these last two weeks, mainly getting back into a routine during the week.Getting organised with lunches for work is my main downfall at the moment! I love to be adventurous with foods and I get bored very easily if I find myself eating sandwiches every day… are you the same?

Heres a couple of ideas to brush away the winter blues;

• Take a walk for 30 minutes twice a week, whether that be one evening then once on the weekend or even two evenings a week. I find going for walks helps to clear my head and allows me to be more focused when I return home.

• Be organised. This helps to plan blog posts, prioritise revision/assignments or even allow you to keep up together with work deadlines. Being organised will also ensure you feel less stressed about the looming deadlines!!

• Setting yourself goals for the year! This is a big most for me. I like to have a direction to go in whilst suffering the winter blues. I therefore start to think of my year goals and what I’d love to achieve. Are you the same? Or do you spend the year winging life? Ha ha!!

• Planning a holiday/getaway is also a great way to blow away the winter blues! Whether it be a summer holiday you are planning or a winter sun/snow holiday… then get planning! Having something to look forward to it just the best feeling 🙂

•Finally, why not having a clear out of your wardrobe? A fresh new look, would be a great way to conquer the winter blues! Chuck out the clothes your haven’t worn for years and buy some new bits to freshen up your look! It’ll also make you feel comfortable in your fashion choice.

I hope you enjoyed my tips on how to prevent the winter blues! I know I am one of those people who gets a bit down in January so planning getaways/events etc for the year is a FAB way to get myself looking forward to things!

1. January 20, 2019 / 7:07 pm

I definitely struggle to stay motivated in January, organising a getaway sounds so good right now! Loved this post! 🙂

Lily Loves | https://www.lilyloves.net

2. January 20, 2019 / 8:02 pm

I’m in such a slump! Roll on spring, I’m desperate. I walk most days and it helps but I feel like I still need more, clearing out my wardrobe is definitely something I need to do and will be a good mood booster. Currently it’s over flowing with stuff that doesn’t fit or I don’t like.

Oh and booking a holiday is a must ?

3. January 20, 2019 / 8:18 pm

Great ideas they are really helpful, i’ve just decluttered my wardrobe! xx

4. January 20, 2019 / 8:27 pm

Being organised always works out for me! I’m such a list person, I basically have a list for everything I do haha. This was such a helpful post, it’s been so dark for so long that it’s easy to fall into the Winter blues.

✖ Jasmin
    // overdosedoncaffeine.com

5. January 20, 2019 / 8:29 pm

Walking is a great idea – if you can, walk in the day time. Quite often I find that when I’ve been stuck indoors all day and only ever see darkness outside, I get the blues more heavily.

6. January 20, 2019 / 8:32 pm

YES to going for a walk, twice a week, without your phone too! I take my camera and wear a watch and just let my feet go where they’ll take me and once I’m bored, I’ll just head back home and settle down for the evening. Its such a great way to clear your head and get your thoughts together with the little voice inside your head

Fran | http://www.franciscarockey.co.uk

7. Sophie
    January 20, 2019 / 8:36 pm

Love this! Some great tips here. I also love planning holiday/trips for the year, get me so excited and gives me something to look foward to. I also walk nearly everyday, my work is half an hour walk away so that’s my time to reflect and clear my head! x

8. January 20, 2019 / 8:40 pm

I booked a trip to Liverpool to sort out my winter blues, I shall be there in two weeks time! Also taking a long walk is a good way to refresh your mind, also there’s the health benefits of it! xx

Lucy | http://www.lucymary.co.uk

9. January 20, 2019 / 8:47 pm

That is one thing I need to do. Clear put my ward

10. aimsysantics
    January 20, 2019 / 8:59 pm

I think I have to agree with all of your points in this post! Definitely a good clear out and clean up help me feel more organised and like I have achieved something! Its amazing what a bit of fresh air can do for you too, isn’t it?!
    Oh, I definitely get bored of sandwiches everyday too!

Aimsy xoxo

11. January 20, 2019 / 9:11 pm

Oh man, the winter blues is a real thing. I love that there are so many ways to help brush it away. YESS on setting goals. At least it will help you have some things to look forward to. This is the perfect time to do some pre-spring cleaning. Thanks for sharing some of these tips!

12. January 20, 2019 / 10:01 pm

Great tips here! I really love this time of year, everyone is setting goals and really motivated. I like to go on walks to clear my head too x

13. January 21, 2019 / 3:05 am

I usually set my goals before I go to bed so I have goals to accomplish the next day and I feel so good when I accomplish everything on my list! I love the post and the horse!

14. January 21, 2019 / 11:57 am

These are great ideas Emma! I have recently had a wardrobe clear out and a declutter and it is so nice that everything is neat and organised (for now, he he!). Going for a walk is such a good mood booster! I love the idea of planning a holiday to have something to look forward to, my sister and I have booked a spa break for her 30th in a few months and I’m really looking forward to that 🙂 I hope the rest of your January goes well, thank you for sharing your tips lovely! <3 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

15. January 25, 2019 / 12:18 pm

January is really though month to get through. Last year it was terrible for me, but this year I tried to be more positive and have some things planned for January to look forward to. Taking walks and going out really works for me.

16. January 26, 2019 / 6:51 am

Very very important! It’s too easy to fall into a funk during winter – thanks for sharing!

17. Mashibaby
    January 26, 2019 / 9:08 am

I would love to plan a getaway too!

18. Connie Ferris
    January 26, 2019 / 9:40 am

Planning a holiday or city break is always the best way to get over the winter blues. When I’m bored at work I just sit there scrolling through holidays I would like to go on 😂

19. January 27, 2019 / 12:38 pm

My favorite is definitely planning a trip for spring/summer. It always helps me feel a little bit better and is something to look forward to. These are great tips x

20. January 27, 2019 / 4:43 pm

I’ve really struggled this winter, more than I’ve ever noticed it before. The last few days I’ve managed to sort of snap myself out of it by thinking about all the goals I wanted to achieve this year – you’re right, it definitely helps! Having something to work towards/look forward to is really important. Lovely post!

21. January 28, 2019 / 2:33 pm

These are some really great tips. I know getting outside and going for a walk really helps me when I’m feeling down!

22. February 1, 2019 / 9:12 pm

Some fab suggestions. I’ve been trying to organise myself and set some little goals and it really helped get me through January!