It’s day 13 of Blogmas over at lifeofemmax. This one is a little different, still festive but something with a bit of tipple! I hope you all enjoy…
Whether you want to go sloe berry picking or pet the Lake Distilleries alpacas after enjoying their gin-tasting experience, the Lake District is the go-to place for gin lovers this winter.
To help you plan the perfect gin-themed getaway, Daffodil Hotel & Spa have mapped out the ultimate Lake District gin trail: https://www.daffodilhotel.co.uk/blog/lake-district-gin-tourism/
That’s the Christmas Spirit: Explore the Lake District’s Gin Trail
- The Lakes Distillery – Explore ‘The Lakes Gin’ distillery, which offers an array of experiences, including a gin tour, a shop and the opportunity to play with the distillery’s alpacas.
- Cumbria Crystal – Looking for the perfect gin glass as a Christmas gift? Visit Cumbria Crystal which produces beautiful hand-blown and hand-cut, luxury glassware.
- Leapers Rock Orchard – This pick-your-own orchard is perfect for collecting damsons to make your own gin if you’re wanting to create a homemade present. Or you could pick up delicious gin garnishes with their array of apples, pears and cherries.
- Keswick Market – Discover the Lakes local delicacies including local gins such as The Lakes and Shed 1.
- The Porterage – Unable to attend Keswick Market? Visit the Porterage to shop their local gin collections. They also sell miniature spirits, which are perfect for stocking fillers.
- Cranston’s Food Hall – You can purchase Bedrock Gin, which is inspired by the Lake District, from here, alongside gin botanicals.
Why not follow the trail this winter, and have a tipple or two along the way?
If you are heading up to the lakes, I’d highly recommend taking part in this amazing trail with a tipple twist! Did you catch yesterday’s post?