A Day in The Life in | New Forest

Thank you Lauren from ‘Diary of a Splanglish Girl’ for letting me be apart of your “A day in the life” series. Lauren is working alongside a number of bloggers from all over the global, by documenting a day in their city whilst Lauren documents the day in Spain. My diary will allow Lauren to look into the comparisons and differences between both our days in different cities.

I’ll be sharing with you all a sample of my day in the New Forest, Hampshire.

Don’t forget to check out Lauren’s day to!

Saturday 24th November 2018

Documentation Day

7:00

I woke up early for my me on a Saturday, I had a special day planned – which I will reveal throughout my documentation. So I was up, showered and dressed early!!

8:00

My Mum and me left home in the New Forest and headed to Winchester, a beautiful cathedral city in Hampshire. We set off in the car for our 30minute journey.

We arrived at the Park and Ride about 8:45 after stopping for a costa on route (we felt this would be the most convenient way to get into the city, it was going to be busy with Christmas shoppers exploring the Christmas market and shops)

9:00

We hopped on the bus and shortly were on our way into Winchester city centre. We were the last stop on the bus and shortly arrived at the bottom of Winchester High Street.

Our first stop was to head to New Look I had a online order to return so thought I’d get that out the way first 🙂 We visited a couple more shops then headed to the Mercury Hotel, Winchester to meet my Auntie.

10:30

After have girlie chats we decided to brace the cold and head to have a mooch about around Winchester cathedral and the Christmas market. At this point the market was fairy quiet and it was lovely to have a look at the beautiful wooden huts which were selling a lovely array of Christmas items, hats, scarves, food stalls and hot roasted chestnuts.

Whilst wandering around I took a little photography of the ice skating.

12:00

After wandering around the market we headed back to Winchester High Street to find somewhere for lunch. We ended up in one of my favourite places “The Ivy” sadly I completely forgot to get a picture of my eggs benedict (sorry!!)

Let’s just appreciate how pretty their Christmas decorations are! After our yummy lunch we headed to a few shops in the high street before heading back to the “craft” section of the Christmas market.

16:00

Then myself and mum started to head back to the bus stop to pick up the park and ride bus. We had a few Christmas presents in tow from my lovely Auntie and Uncle! We arrived back at the car to head back home.

17:30

Back home we had a traditional Saturday night homemade curry night! It was a yummy chicken tikka with poppadums, mango chutney and a couple of onion bhajis (they are my favourite.. I could eat them everyday)

19:00

I head off for a bath, I had a bit of a headache and fancied a bit of relaxation after the long day we’d had walking miles! We walked 11,000 steps in total.

21:30

After my bath I got into my cosy wear and did a little bit of blogging – until I’m a Celeb came on… I’m a bit addicted to it at the moment (opps) but I love Harry he’s such a laugh and Nick is a great guy and makes it entertaining.

22:45

Well… what a lovely day I’ve had filled with lots of christmasness!! I’ve had a wonderful day and I’m shattered… well back to exam revision tomorrow 🙁

So that sums up my “A day in the life in the new forest”. I didn’t spend much of the day in the New Forest but Winchester was beautiful. I feel very Christmassy and I hope you enjoyed reading all about my festive day at the Christmas market.

Don’t forget to take a look at Lauren’s post about how she spent her day!

Share:

1. December 2, 2018 / 8:05 pm

Sounds fab! Winter Christmassy days out with your family are always nice and special! Love this kind of blog post too! x

2. December 2, 2018 / 8:10 pm

I did a post like this a long time ago and it was super fun to write. it is always great to know more of the behind the scenes in a blogger’s life! I love a christmassy day out with the fam too!

3. December 2, 2018 / 8:10 pm

Love how you did so much in one day! Ooh, ice skating is fun! Glad you enjoyed your time out there. I am so in love with the holiday decor around town. It was an adventure-packed day!

4. December 2, 2018 / 8:16 pm

im really enjoying the series that lauren is doing, christmas days out are really the best!

• December 2, 2018 / 8:34 pm

Thank you Ellie!!

5. December 2, 2018 / 8:35 pm

YAY I love this series that Lauren has started, I always find them so much fun to read!

Ice skating!! I feel like all of December is just ice skating on loop – the one time of year the winter sport shines!

Wow I love how pretty the Christmas decorations are, the wreath looks so amazing! 11,000 steps!! Yay for getting that exercise – there’s an app called sweatcoin where your steps generate sweatcoins and you can actually by things with it too! 🙂

Loved reading this!

Sahara

6. December 2, 2018 / 8:35 pm

Thanks for being a part of documentation day! loved reading about winchester😊

7. aimsysantics
    December 2, 2018 / 8:40 pm

Sounds like you had a lovely festive day!
    I’ve never been to Winchester before but it looks like a lovely place to visit…especially at this time of year.

I love being nosy and finding out how people have spent their day! Lovely post!

Aimsy xoxo

8. December 2, 2018 / 8:56 pm

What a lovely day you had! I’ve never been to Winchester but I’d like to go there, I mean, I’d like to visit so many places…
    And I enjoyed reading about your day in life as a blogger.

9. December 2, 2018 / 10:49 pm

Sounds like an awesome festive day! I keep getting told to visit Winchester also as it’s so lovely! Cool post!!

10. December 2, 2018 / 10:50 pm

This sounds like such a lovely day! I’ve really enjoyed reading posts from this series. Getting up at that time on a Saturday would be a huge shock to my system too! x

11. kattieh
    December 3, 2018 / 7:22 am

It sounds like you had such a nice day! I woke up really early on Saturday too, and I was surprised at how long the day felt 😀 Your photos look so Christmassy!

12. December 7, 2018 / 7:21 pm

I love Christmas markets so much – I think they are such a good place to buy Christmas presents! xx