My Favourite Things to Watch Over Autumn

Hello…. Now that autumn has crept upon us I thought I’d share will you all my favourite things to watch over autumn. The post will include; both TV and Films. There’s nothing more satisfying than watching on your 4k HDR TV Panasonic, I always believe a good quality TV is a must in any household! So I am sure most of you have seen, the SKY Christmas channel has return… already. I haven’t actually watched any of them yet.

I’m not a binge TV lover, so the programmes and films I watch have to have significant interest to me others I find myself bored and uninterested. An engaging film is a big MUST!

My favourite things to watch over autumn:

When Harry met Sally

Image result for when harry met sally

One of my all time favourite movies – set in New York in Fall. The autumnal feel is just what I love about New York based films. The story line is based upon the two main characters ‘Harry and Sally’ who rekindle after 10 years apart. The 1989 American RomCom is a must watch for anyone who hasn’t seen it yet.

Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets

Image result for harry potter and the chamber of secrets

Growing up in the ‘Harry Potter’ era, I just love watching a Harry Potter movie on a sunday afternoon when it’s pouring with rain outside! Watching Harry Potter, Hermione and Ron grow up throughout the series of films was amazing! I have total admiration for JK Rowling being able to keep the audience engaged through the whole Harry Potter series. Are you a Harry Potter loather?

The Apprentice

See the source image

Having studied a Business Management degree I have a very entrepreneurial side to me… hopefully one day to have my own business (watch this space). I love seeing the different characters of people who make the final 12 Apprentice candidates. From the amazing ideas, to arguments and ‘Big Headed’ individuals it is a good laugh to watch.

Home Alone

See the source image

This one is a bit of a Christmas favourite, so its a must watch in November! I love Home Alone 1, 2, 3 and 4 it’s the sort of film which will never grow old. Home Alone is the highly successful and beloved family comedy about a young boy named Kevin (Macaulay Culkin) who is accidentally left behind when his family takes off for a vacation in France.

The Great British Bake Off

See the source image

I am sure this is amongst a lot of your favourite things to watch.. I’ve seen a lot of people tweeting and instagram about ‘The Great British Bake Off’ I don’t know about you but it really gets me in the baking mood especially on a desserts night! I have to admit I did prefer the show with Mary Berry in it, but hey! I am still a big fan of the show.

These are just a handful of my favourite things to watch on the screen! I do love being outdoors but in the autumn the weather plays a bit part in allowing me to be cosy and warm at home.

Are you a binge TV watcher? I’d love to find out which shows you would miss for anything!

1. Checka Grantham
    October 5, 2018 / 7:04 pm

I love to binge watch tv/Netflix at the minute, I’m binge watching the good place! It’s amazing! I also do love home alone! X

October 6, 2018 / 3:37 pm

Thanks for the suggestion – will definitely give the good place a watch.

2. Aaliyah
    October 5, 2018 / 7:09 pm

I love all of these! I’ve always loved watching Harry Potter movies, especially on a rainy Sunday! Harry met sally it’s just the best need to watch that soon, great post

October 6, 2018 / 3:37 pm

I love watching Harry Potter!

3. October 5, 2018 / 7:11 pm

Eeek Home Alone!! That’s a sign Christmas is coming for sure. I am recovering from surgery currently so this is really helpful for ideas of things to watch, I’ve never watched when harry met sally either but I know it’s meant to be a great one! Love Actually time of the year is also coming up, yay!!
    Alice Xx

October 6, 2018 / 3:38 pm

Love Home Alone definitely gets me in the Christmas mood 🙂 give Harry met Sally a watch – would love to hear your thoughts of it!

October 6, 2018 / 3:39 pm

4. October 5, 2018 / 7:22 pm

I’m a big binge water! Over autumn and winter, I love to rewatch old favourites and have a Netflix binge. With the nights getting colder and generally staying in more, I love to get cosy with something I can watch episode after episode of. Right now I’m on Desperate Housewives x

October 6, 2018 / 3:40 pm

Sophie! I can conquer that I do the exact same with darker evenings! Never really watch Desperate Housewives.

5. October 5, 2018 / 7:26 pm

Some great picks here! I’ve watched all of these except when harry met sally – it’s so popular I have to watch it one day soon! It definitely feels like autumn when bake off and apprentice are on tv, they’re both so quintessentially British, I love it! Thanks for sharing xx

October 6, 2018 / 3:41 pm

I completely agree – autumn is here when Bake Off and The Apprentice start!

6. Misa
    October 5, 2018 / 7:29 pm

I absolutely love GBBO! Actually just watching An Extra Slice. 😉

October 6, 2018 / 3:41 pm

I love GBBO as well! Gets me in the baking mood 🙂

October 6, 2018 / 3:42 pm

I am so glad you agree Amie!

7. October 5, 2018 / 7:32 pm

I’ve never seen When Harry Met Sally! Am I missing out?! One thing I love about Autumn is Harry Potter marathons on a Sunday 😍

Kayla | http://www.kaylajayne.co.uk
    xo

October 6, 2018 / 3:45 pm

I really enjoy when Harry met Sally! If you get a chance to watch, let me know what you think 🙂

8. Abbey Fibrogirl
    October 5, 2018 / 7:40 pm

Definitely think the best thing about this time of year is the TV, which comes in handy when the weather is terrible! Harry Potter is definitely up there on my list once the weather gets cold, I’ve only got Deathly Hallows Part 1 & 2 left to watch, can already see me rewatching them at least once more this year though!

Abbey

October 6, 2018 / 3:46 pm

I’ve never watched Deathly Hallows, is it good?

9. October 5, 2018 / 7:41 pm

I’m so glad The Apprentice is back and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is one of my faves out of the whole series! Great post lovely

Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com xx

October 6, 2018 / 3:47 pm

Jess, you have good taste! Chamber of secrets is my ultimate favourite Harry Potter movie 🙂

10. October 5, 2018 / 7:42 pm

Harry Potter is just a classic! Great list here, I do love a good TV show series, for a bit I got really into The Office! Now, I am watching Always Sunny In Philadelphia and also enjoying Impractical Jokers for some comedy!

October 6, 2018 / 3:47 pm

Thank you! Ooo what’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia about?

11. October 5, 2018 / 7:51 pm

I never seen When Harry Met Sally before but I’m a fan autumn New York film settings so I will make a note to watch this one 🤗. I don’t know anyone who isn’t a fan of Home Alone, it’s a holiday classic and forever a staple in our home. Honestly, I like binge watching The Chronicles of Narnia in autumn, gets me excited for Christmas ❤️

Natonya | https://www.justnatonya.wordpress.com

October 6, 2018 / 3:48 pm

Yes! The chronicles of Narnia is a must winter watch 🙂 let me know what you think of Harry met Sally!

• October 8, 2018 / 7:22 pm

I can’t wait to watch it! ❤️

October 6, 2018 / 3:49 pm

Joy! You are missing out :p

12. October 5, 2018 / 8:08 pm

I’m loving the return of Bake off & The Apprentice. I’m so tempted to watch Home Alone already but I’m hanging off until at least November. Enjoyed reading this post x

October 6, 2018 / 3:45 pm

Glad you loved the post 🙂 I agree, Home alone has to be watched but not just yet!

13. October 6, 2018 / 4:11 am

Love these recommendations – oh man, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is such a classic. I remember loving to watch Home Alone as a kid! This is perfect when you go through the series as we hit Christmas time! Thanks for sharing this list. I recently binge-watched Black Thunder within a night, hee.

October 6, 2018 / 3:44 pm

Nancy! I love Christmas films, binge watching the Christmas sky channel! What’s Black Thunder about?

14. October 6, 2018 / 3:01 pm

Oooooh intrigued to hear about the business idea, as I’ve started up BlogBox a couple of months back! Not a huge fan of HP 🙈 and love Home Alone 1&2! I’m the same with films, it’s got to grab me within the first few minutes or I’m off lol! Xx

October 6, 2018 / 3:43 pm

I am the exact same Steff! If I’m not engaged by the first 10 mins it’s gotta be switched off… I am sure I will reveal all very soon (ish)

15. Natalie Hanson
    October 7, 2018 / 12:32 pm

I love these recommendations, I’ll definitely be adding them to my list of things I want to watch this autumn.

Nat x | nataliehansonblog.wordpress.com

16. October 7, 2018 / 7:20 pm

Harry Potter is the perfect film for the season :3 Same with any old rom com really.

17. October 7, 2018 / 7:35 pm

I absolutely adore the great british bake off! never missing an episode! it is such a great show! Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets is my fav HP movie!

18. October 7, 2018 / 7:37 pm

Great post! I love Home Alone at Christmas time and GBBO is something I’ve watched a couple of times but not enough haha

19. October 7, 2018 / 7:52 pm

I’ve never seen When Harry Met Sally! And I’ve just never been into the whole HP franchise at all… in the minority I know! However, I love everything else you’ve mentioned. I was so excited for The Apprentice coming back this week, it’s always full of some right delusional idiots 😂 Home Alone is one of my fave Christmas films and Bake Off is still great, even without Mary. Noel Fielding is such a sweetheart!

20. manderpantz
    October 7, 2018 / 7:52 pm

Love When Harry Met Sally! It’s one of my all time fave films! Great fall list 🙂

21. October 7, 2018 / 7:58 pm

Hahaha I’m watching chamber of secrets atm!! YES TO ALL OF THESE. Great post! x

22. October 7, 2018 / 8:11 pm

I am definitely a binge watcher if a show is on Netflix etc . I’ll watch several season if I can! 😀 I also love GBBO, Harry Met Sally & the Harry Potter films. 😀

23. October 7, 2018 / 8:23 pm

I love watching the apprentice! I’ve only started getting into it, although I did watch abit of last season.

24. October 7, 2018 / 8:29 pm

I have a confession that I’ve never watched When Harry Met Sally! It’s on my list on Netflix so I need to crack on!

25. October 7, 2018 / 9:40 pm

I love that The Apprentice is back on. I always get a kick out of watching these “business people” make a complete mess of the tasks Lord Sugar sets them! I’ve also recently gotten into Doctor Who and am currently watching the new Doctor at the moment (I like her). I can’t recommend Killing Eve enough either, brilliant binge watch! I love all the Harry Potter films too.

26. October 8, 2018 / 3:17 am

I live in the States, so when all the Brits are watching GBBO, I know that eventually it will make it’s way over here. I cannot tell you how much I love GBBO (actually you know how awesome it is!)

Great picks! x

Michelle
    dressingwithstyle-s.com

27. Kim
    October 10, 2018 / 5:08 pm

I love to binge watch movies or TV shows. Last year it was Pretty Little Liars and this year I’m enjoying The GBBO, Teen Wolf and rewatching Only Fools and Horses. Home Alone is one of my favourite Christmas movies!

28. October 24, 2018 / 2:52 pm

This is such a great list! I can never get enough of home alone no matter how many times I watch it! xx
    Beaulife.org