5 things I’ve loved about summer

As summer is slowly coming to an end and I am sure autumn is just around the corner. I thought I’d share with you all the 5 things I’ve loved about summer.

With the great British heatwave this year we have been very lucky to have enjoyed lovely warm weather, for once! I know a lot of people were complaining by the end, but c’mon we ALL loved it really 🙂 I know for sure I am one of those people who loved going out for walks in the evenings after work, enjoyed being able to spend time in the garden planting flowers and making use of my new veg patch… it wasn’t as successful as I had hoped but we all have to learn somewhere, right?! Anyway I thought I’d share with you all the 5 things I’ve loved about summer.

5 Things I’ve Loved about Summer

1. Outdoors

Being able to spend the evenings outside, whether that be in  a pub garden, going for country walks in the New Forest or heading down to the beach to watch the sunset. After work I enjoy being able to switch off, and this allows me to do this rather than sit at home watch endless seasons on Netflix or Sky Films.

2. Friends and Family

Spending time with friends and family. Summer is always full of outings and events, mainly due to the lovely weather we have experienced. Numerous BBQ’s, trips to the beach and I even visited our local lido a couple of times this year… which I loved!

3. Festivals

I love going to festivals whether it be a small intimate village festival or a full on national festival like Isle of Wight or Reading! This year I attended “Common People” in Southampton and had a blast. Lily Allen was headliner on the Saturday and she was pretty damn good live.

4. Exploring

I enjoy nothing more than visiting new places, exploring new country walks in the New Forest and finding nice places to eat and drink. I headed down to Looe, Cornwall for a few days in August and loved it! Who doesn’t love some proper Cornish pasties and Cornish ice cream and cider… Have you ever been to Looe? Or down to the South Coast? If you follow my blog or instagram you’ll know that I love nothing more than going to the beach and the forest 🙂

Finally….

5. Weather

This summer has definitely been one to remember.. mainly because of all the lovely weather the UK was lucky enough to experience, 7 weeks of sunny weather is so unheard of!! I took advantage of it, especially as I didn’t have a summer holiday abroad planned this year [Buying a house] so it made it feel a bit more like I was on holiday being able to wear dresses and dress up in shorts was lovely.

What have you been up to this summer? Are you sad it’s all coming to an end and autumn is slowly on it’s way or are you looking forward to cosy nights in, wearing jumpers and fluffy socks?

1. September 2, 2018 / 7:04 pm

it sucks knowing summer is coming to an end but i’m definitely pumped for all things pumpkin spice and fluffy socks! and i completely agree these 5 things they were for sure my favourite things about summer.

2. September 2, 2018 / 7:10 pm

What a lovely post! Summer is my absolute favourite season. I love summer fashion. I tend to like to buy dresses and skirts rather than pants and sweaters. I also really enjoy spending time outside. This was such a nice post to read!

3. September 2, 2018 / 7:15 pm

I love the outdoors, can being outside with family and friends makes it even better! I actually didn’t go to a festival this year which I am really sad about 🙁 I bet Lily Allen was AMAZING I bloody love her. I want to go Cornwall, it looks so pretty, totally my thing. I am not ready for summer to end i’m really not but I am looking forward to halloween and christmas xx

4. September 2, 2018 / 7:21 pm

Of course the weather is one reason why I love summer but also spending time outdoors! Like riding my bike on the river bank! Also spending time with my family in the garden! But mostly for the long days!

5. September 2, 2018 / 7:29 pm

Great post! I too have loved the weather this year x

6. September 2, 2018 / 7:35 pm

I love summer road trips! The weather has been good to us this summer and it’s always great to get together for a family bbq!

Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com
    xx

7. September 2, 2018 / 7:40 pm

I have had such a long, exciting summer and really loved the heatwave! Family and friends and exploring the outdoors have been such a large part of my summer too, but unfortunately I didn’t make it to any festivals!

Jas xx | https://thoughtsfromjasmine.co.uk

8. September 2, 2018 / 7:48 pm

What a beautiful post! Thoroughly enjoyed the picture you painted through well chosen words. Just beautiful!

9. September 2, 2018 / 7:55 pm

Totally agree with the outdoors! I came back from camping in the New Forest today actually – such a beautiful place! xx
    Alys

10. September 2, 2018 / 7:59 pm

Emma, this is a great post and I truly enjoyed reading it! I definitely complained about the heatwave even though I genuinely did really enjoy it! Isn’t the U.K. extra beautiful when we get the good weather!? Thanks for helping me reflect on an amazing summer! X

11. Ellyn Rebecca
    September 2, 2018 / 8:43 pm

I love your photos! I’ve been to Cornwall many times, including Looe and it is such a beautiful place!

Ellyn xx | Life Of A Beauty Nerd

12. September 2, 2018 / 9:17 pm

It sounds like you’ve had an amazing summer! If I’m totally honest, I hate summer. But it is nice being able to make more plans and I love the lighter evenings x

13. Deb's Decorative Life
    September 2, 2018 / 10:26 pm

I am like you. I enjoy the outdoors, picnics with friends and family, festivals & exploring. I really love visiting new places and sightseeing.

14. September 3, 2018 / 11:34 am

Really good points! I love festivals, was lucky to go to three this year which was great. Weather’s also been wonderful! x

15. September 3, 2018 / 1:07 pm

Lovely post Emma! Your photography is gorgeous! I really love the horse and sunset picture, is that in the New Forest? I love it there, such a beautiful place to go walking and exploring <3 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

16. September 4, 2018 / 9:02 am

We definitely have had a good summer! I live in Cornwall so glad you made it down for a pasty! Haha Let’s hope for more good weather like this in the future! Great post!

17. September 4, 2018 / 9:05 am

I love all these things about summer too, I never want it to end and get cold!

18. September 4, 2018 / 9:23 am

As much as I am looking forward to autumn I am sad the summer is leaving us especially after the wonderful one we have had this year! Fingers crossed next year is the same 🤞😀 🖤

19. September 4, 2018 / 10:57 am

lovely layout and summer post ✨ definitely can’t believe that the cold weather is slowly creeping up hahah

20. aisasami
    September 4, 2018 / 11:11 am

I love festivals here in Japan. I love obon festivals where you dance. But, I hate the outdoors, especially this year when it was super hot! But I love summer foods like shaved ice and chilled ramen.

21. phoward336
    September 4, 2018 / 1:32 pm

Aside from the weather (it’s been really hot here), I agree with ALL your favorites!

22. Emma
    September 4, 2018 / 1:45 pm

Great post. I visited Cornwall a lot when I was younger on family holidays so I understand why you like it so much.

23. September 4, 2018 / 4:25 pm

Hey Emma! Really cool post I also love Cornwall and in the summer its the best place to be! However I am a big fan of Autumn and looking forward to things getting a bit cooler 🙂

24. September 5, 2018 / 9:15 am

This definitely made me pumped for summer. I’m more of a winter person in general (or maybe autumn lol) but now I’m excited for summer barbeques and spending time outside and the longer summer nights! 🙂

Julia // The Sunday Mode

25. September 5, 2018 / 7:03 pm

Great to hear you had a great summer. Hope the rest of year is just as enjoyable.

26. Pachalo
    September 5, 2018 / 8:46 pm

I love Sumer trip to go visit family and friends. The weather is always nice for BBQ as well. Nice post

27. September 7, 2018 / 4:50 pm

It’s been a great Summer! Sounds like you’ve had an amazing one and spent it well. I lived quite recently near Looe, it’s always been a day trip destination for us. I definitely miss the South West and can’t wait until I go back. Also proper Cornish Pasties are AMAZING!

Gemma | https://anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com/