Food & Cocktails at Cabana

I was lucky enough to be invited to food & cocktails at Cabana, West Quay by the wonderful  Southampton Bloggers.

We were greeted by the lovely waitress who showed us to our table, where she explained that we were all able to choose 1 starter, 1 main course and 1 dessert! Having never eaten at Cabana before I was amazed by the fabulous choice of foods available on the menu.

The menus are brightly coloured keeping inline with the lovely Brazilian aesthetics. The cocktail menu was AMAZING…. just a shame I was driving and couldn’t try more.

It was lovely to chat with fellow bloggers whilst enjoying food & cocktails at Cabana, Southampton. Meeting new people and talking about our blogs and future opportunities was great to discuss, and who doesn’t enjoy food and cocktails at the same time.

I finally made a decision [which was hard] and went for the Jungle Fever cocktail which is made from Rum, Mango Puree, Lime Juice, Vanilla topped with yummy gummy worms!!

It tasted fantastic… Such a yummy fruity flavour with the hint of rum and of course is very aesthetically pleasing to look at.

Now for the food…

I went of the cheesy dough balls to start… WOW they were mouthwatering, tasty and warm with a butter dip. There were lots of yummy choices for starters which included the halloumi and prawn skewers, they all looked amazing. I cannot wait to go back and try the others.

For main I went for the Flamed Grill Chicken Skewer; What we’re known for: 3 chicken thighs marinated for 24 hours, flame grilled to order and basted with your choice of sauce. Served table side. I chose 2 sides which were the Cabana coconut slaw along with the sweet potato fries. The chicken was delicious, moist and full of flavour theres an option to choose the suace you’d like so I opted for the Lemon and Herb [I’m not a big spicy fan] so I didn’t want to ruin the meal with a sauce which was too hot for me!

Finally, the hardest decision of the night… choosing a dessert! They all sounded so yummy and mouthwatering so I went for the Chocolate Raindrop Doughnuts Delicious fried doughballs stuffed with Nutella. Served piping hot. I must confess these were sooo nice but I couldn’t eat them ALL so I took home a little doggy box with my left over doughnuts. They made a lovely snack for the next day.

I had a wonderful time exploring the Cabana menu at their Southampton, West Quay restaurant with the lovely girls from Southampton Bloggers. I cannot wait to go back and try more of their menu!!

If the doughnuts have made you hungry… I’m SORRY but why not try my yummy chocolate brownie recipe at home?

*All reviews are my own. PR experience.

1. August 26, 2018 / 7:20 pm

Oh man, any place with an awesome cocktail selection wins my heart, hands down. The Jungle Fever cocktail looks delicious! Yum, the flamed grill chicken skewer sounds delicious, especially with how long it takes to prepare the chicken. You’re living your best life, hehe.

August 26, 2018 / 7:25 pm

Thank you lovely 🙂 the jungle fever cocktail was AMAZING!!

2. August 26, 2018 / 7:26 pm

Yum! This place looks lovely! Dessert is always my favourite meal of the day so those donuts had my mouth watering! You picked some really nice dishes! Thanks for sharing!

3. August 26, 2018 / 7:51 pm

I’ve never heard of this place before but it looks so good!! That cocktail looks right up my street. Going to read the full menu now!! X

4. abbiejadewanders
    August 26, 2018 / 8:02 pm

I am sold at cheesey dough balls to be honest, who doesn’t love carbs and cheese! Sounds like you had a great time, thanks for sharing x

abbiejadewanders.co.uk

5. August 26, 2018 / 8:35 pm

Yum! This was such a colourful post. The raindrop doughnuts look absolutely delicious, getting quite hungry now ahaha!

6. August 26, 2018 / 9:09 pm

Great post! The drink and food look so good! x

7. @Lucy_angele
    August 27, 2018 / 5:18 pm

I love Cabana! Not sure if they still have them on the menu, but last time I went I had these chorizo and cheese bites as a starter which were delicious <3 I also really recommend the feijoada as a main course! x

8. August 27, 2018 / 5:18 pm

I love Cabana! I really recommend the feijoada! x

9. August 28, 2018 / 3:46 pm

Omg the food and drink look amazing and the post is fantastic too! Enjoyed reading this so much.

10. August 28, 2018 / 4:40 pm

Ooo I need to try some of these!! Wow!

11. September 2, 2018 / 8:34 am

Looks delicious! Love the sound of the Jungle Fever cocktail!

12. September 2, 2018 / 9:53 am

Jungle fever sounds like my kind of cocktail! Food lion great also, glad you had a good visit!

13. September 2, 2018 / 9:56 am

Oh my this place sounds amazing! I’ve heard good things about Cabana but don’t know where my nearest one is to try myself! Great review lovely, has definitely made me a little hungry. Dough balls are always a perfect starter.

Gemma | https://anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com/

14. September 2, 2018 / 10:36 am

This food looks amazing! I need to find out if there is one of these restaurants closer to me because if there is I’ll definitely be going there! Glad you enjoyed it lovely

Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com
    xx

September 2, 2018 / 11:15 am

It was amazing! I really need to head back soon. I hope there’s one near you Jess.

15. Greatness Reinvented
    September 2, 2018 / 1:58 pm

This looks great and I see there are a couple in London as well. I will be checking them out next time I am in town.

GR | https://www.thegreat.uk

16. September 2, 2018 / 2:57 pm

Ooh I don’t think I live near a Cabana which is such a shame because the food looks amazing, as does your cocktail! Sounds like a super fun night!

Soph – https://sophhearts.com x

17. September 2, 2018 / 5:40 pm

I shouldn’t have read this post before dinner, haha! Everything looks so amazing! I have to add this place to my list of must tries. Thanks for the inspiration!

18. September 2, 2018 / 6:23 pm

This looks like such a neat place to go and eat, I love the decor and bright cheerful color scheme! It sounds like you had a great time!

19. September 2, 2018 / 6:30 pm

Everything looks so amazing! I love taking home leftover desserts or apps to eat after I change into my pajamas at home. Those donuts look so good!

20. September 3, 2018 / 2:46 pm

This looks so fun and scrumptious!! Glad you enjoyed yourself ❤️ the decor is so neat and different 🙂

21. September 4, 2018 / 2:58 am

Oh wow, their food looks amazing! The Chocolate Raindrop Doughnuts looks sooo good.

Jessica | notjessfashion.com