Are you in love, unlucky in love or trying to find love?
Love can be found in a number of ways, through a number of channels both online and face to face. Some people may not meet their ‘Lover’ for years and others may find true love the first time you meet someone. So, Love… what does it entail?
Love can be defined as ‘An intense feeling of deep affection’, ‘A strong feeling of affection and sexual attraction for someone‘ or ‘A personified figure of love, often represented as Cupid’. In classical roman mythology, Cupid (meaning “desire”) is the god of desire, erotic love, attraction and affection. The Goddess of love within the roman myth is Venus. Whilst within the ancient Greek myth love is represented by a God of Eros and Goddess of Aphrodite.
8 Tips to Finding Love
1. Understand what you have to offer. This means being able to identify yourself, at the end of the day before you can expect someone to accept you, you must know what ‘self’ you are.
2. Build confidence.When it comes to finding love, there is no right personality type, no special trait that will get you ahead.Whether you are an introvert or an extrovert, a hilarious crowd pleaser or a very kind friend, be confident about what you have to offer someone else.
3. Know what you’re looking for in someone else. Part of knowing yourself is knowing your relationship needs. Writing down what you consider to be the most important traits of your potential partner is a good way to figure out what kind of person you want to be with.
4.Meet people. One of the best ways to do this is to start by making friends. It is always said that making friends is the surest way to finding love, and that’s because it’s true; it’s a great way to build a mutual relationship based on caring and trust.
5.Present yourself as someone who’s available. This doesn’t mean you need to shout to the rooftops that you’re on a quest for love, but take measures to make sure people know you’re available.
6. Try dating services. Consider online dating, for example using dating site such as ‘No Strings Attached‘ which will allow you to meet single like minded individuals within your local area. No Strings Attached is a online service operating in UK, Australia, Ireland, US, South Africa and New Zealand.
7. Go on dates to establish your confidence, and understand the type of person you’d love to find love with. Confidence is key within this type of situation.
8. Speed Dating is increasingly more popular in todays society, giving you the option to meet a number of different types of people to discover if any connections form within the ‘Speed dating’ environment.
A good friend of mine has recently been online dating using “adult dating sites” she was lucky enough to find a wonderful guy who she is very happyily in love with. It 100% boosted her lack of confidence and self esteem and really made her come ‘out of her shell’. Online dating isn’t for everybody and it definitely suits certain people better. I was lucky enough to find my love in a nightclub, half drunk… we exchanged numbers, started dating and 2 and a half years later we still laugh about what we spoke about, what we were wearing and who approached the other person on our first encounter together. It really is true what people say ” You never know where you are going to find love… It could be waiting just around the corner” Your true love could be at the bar at your local, you never know! I hope you are happily in love, if not I wish you every luck in the world that you find somebody who will love you unconditionally, and somebody who you are able to trust with your life. Finding Love can be hard, demolising and heart breaking – many people each year go through the process of a divorce and visit the site of a specialist divorce lawyer like peters may but you CAN DO IT! There is someone out there waiting for you.