4 Hour Artisan Baking Course

Back in May myself and my bestie Laura attended a 4 Hour Artisan Baking Course in Canary Wharf, London. What an experience it was, so I thought it would be a great opportunity to share it with you all! I hope it doesn’t make you too hungry 🙂

Myself and Laura always get stuck with presents for birthday and Christmas so I decided to check out Buyagift to see what exciting experiences they had to offer! I ended up purchasing the 4 hour artisan baking course in London (they had a great deal on) £79 for two people instead of a RRP of £249!! We booked up for May and were very excited about all the lovely treats we were going to make.

4 Hour Artisan Baking Course

• We arrived at 10am for our Baking greeted by a lovely lady called Una. She explained about where to put our bags, wash our hands and find aprons/gloves.

• There were 4 other people in our baking class so we all introduced ourselves and shortly the course got under way.

What did we bake?

Throughout the 4 hour course we made a number of signature foods… which I am sure most of you would love!

Focaccia – with olives

Ganache Truffles – rolled in cocoa powder

Custard Tarts – these tasted AMAZING!

• Seasonal Chicken and Mushroom Pie

• Scones

• Hot Cross Buns

• Seasonal Berry Crepes with Madagascan Vanilla Crème

There were a few other dishes mentioned on the voucher that you could make on your course which were; Mojito Jelly, Churros and Ann’s Espresso Nutty Biscuit. I think it depends on the season to which ones you make.

We thoroughly enjoyed making these wonderful treats, I would definitely recommend not eating beforehand as unfortunately they do not have a licence for you to take the food from the premise! I loved the chicken pie along with the custard tarts [these were my favourites]. I think everyone loved my non round scones which I created, but they tasted GOOD which is the main thing, right?!

If you’d like any recipes for the above foods, please let me know and I can send them onto you for you to make and enjoy 🙂 I would highly recommend the 4 hour artisan baking course with Ann’s Smart School of Cookery.

Have you tried my Gooey Chocolate Brownie?

1. June 24, 2018 / 7:09 pm

Wow what an incredible experience! I love cooking and food so this would be right up my street 😍 Those truffles…. YES PLEASE. Such a great idea for a gift too. I think we can get complacent with physical “things” and sometimes an experience which you can do together and make memories from is so much nicer!

June 28, 2018 / 9:42 am

The Truffles were amazing Jenny! But very rich indeed.
      I know, I love giving physical presents but it was such a great day out in London that my friend loved it 🙂

2. Aaliyah
    June 24, 2018 / 7:20 pm

I’ve always wanted to go on cooking course as I really enjoy cooking but have never had the chance, yours looked great makes me want to book one! Great post x

June 28, 2018 / 9:42 am

You should give it a go! Check out Buyagift as they always have good offers on their experience days 🙂

3. June 24, 2018 / 7:55 pm

Those truffles look amazing! I’d love to go on a course to improve my disastrous cooking skills!

Francesca x | glutenfreehorizons.com

June 28, 2018 / 9:39 am

The truffles were amazing but very rich! You should give it a go 🙂 you’ll have a good laugh as well!

June 28, 2018 / 9:40 am

It was a great experience! A big shame you cannot take some home with you.. A fair bit got wasted as everyone was so full up 🙁

4. June 27, 2018 / 8:12 pm

Wow what a great experience, everything looks so great as well! I love cooking so I’d really enjoy something like this!x

June 28, 2018 / 9:40 am

I’d definitely recommend it! It’s a really enjoyable course and the food is amazing 🙂

5. sophieheartsnet
    June 27, 2018 / 8:44 pm

Oh wow you got to learn quite a bit in just a few hours then! Those truffles look amazing! It’s such a shame that you weren’t allowed to take the food off of the premises but the rest of the course sounds great!
    Sophie x

June 28, 2018 / 9:44 am

We learnt so much it definitely worth the money – the truffles were amazing 😀 It was a big shame we couldn’t take anything home with us as lot of food sadly got wasted as everyone was full up 🙁

6. Alys george
    June 29, 2018 / 8:36 pm

What a great idea, I’ve never thought to start something like this. I’m much better at eating the food than I am making it!

This was a lovely post and I really enjoyed it. Although I’m feeling hungry now!

Alys

July 10, 2018 / 2:34 am

You’ll be supposed how easy some of the food last are to make! Even I could make them 🙂

7. June 29, 2018 / 10:11 pm

This sounds like such a fun and enjoyable experience Emma! It’s great you got to make a wide range of things, I love the look of the truffles, yum! Good tip about not eating before hand, its a shame you couldn’t take your treats home. Fab post, thank you for sharing 💖 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

July 10, 2018 / 2:35 am

It was such good fun Bex! I loved the truffles even if they were a tad too chocolatey and rich 🙂

8. Lena Dee
    July 2, 2018 / 4:47 am

Wow! 😮 Your experience sounds fascinating! At first I was like omg 4 hours of baking but I can clearly tell you had fun and the time must’ve flown by quite swiftly…Also it’s pretty cool you got to make so many interesting things…such a bummer you couldn’t take them home and share the yumminess 🙁 Great post nonetheless! 😀

xx Lena | https://lenadeexo.com

July 10, 2018 / 2:36 am

The time really did fly by Lena 🙂 it was a lovely session just wish we hadn’t eaten breakfast!