A few months ago I found the BEST chocolate brownie recipe, you know the one which doesn’t go dry or you need a million different ingredients for! This gooey chocolate brownie incorporates caramel (my favourite 😍) Obviously the caramel is optional for non caramel lovers!
- 1/2 x 400g (14oz) Tin of Dulce De Leche (labelled caramel)
- 175g (6oz) Dark Chocolate
- 175g (6oz) Butter (cubed)
- 25g (1oz) Cocoa Powder (sifted)
- 3 Eggs
- 225g (8oz) Caster Sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100g (3.5oz) Plain Flour
- 20cm (8 in) Square Cake Tin
Equipment: Mixing Bowl, Fork/Knife, Wooden Spoon, Oven Gloves, Heat Proof Mat and Timer.
Step by Step baking guide
1) Pre heat oven to 180C (350F).
2) Line the base and sides of the cake tin with grease proof paper (or equivalent).
3) Melt chocolate and butter until fully melted.
4) Sift the plain flour, cocoa powder and add the sugar to a large mixing bowl.
5) Add the eggs one at a time stirring throughout.
6) Add the vanilla extract along with the melted butter and chocolate to the mixing bowl stir until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
7) Pour mixture into cake tin, then open the tin of dulce de leche.
8) Spoon the caramel into the cake tin in small dolups and swirl with a fork or knife.
9) Cook for 30 minutes, checking regularly that it doesn’t burn.
10) Once cooked and cooled we opted to decorate with white chocolate
Happy Baking, I hope you enjoy your chocolate caramel treats 💜 Keep an eye out for my next baking recipe.